Skip to main content

His Mercies are New Every Morning...

Good Morning Lovely

How many times have you heard these words "You are worthless", "Sorry excuse for a mother", "You are nothing!!", "You are NOT worth it!" , "You are a hypocrite", "You are nothing but a...(fill in the blanks)". Oh boy what a way to start a blog of ENCOURAGEMENT...Please bare with me for a moment while I share my heart.

I have heard these exact words over and over and as the years went on those words became less and less, why am I sharing this because I struggle when I get lashed out at with words like this  words that attack my character as a person , words that degrade me as a human being. So what do I do when I get attacked like this , I fight back , I fight back with my words, my bad behavior and I look nothing like the "model" Christian anything but that...

I have struggled with this every time God has told "be still" and every time the taunts become too much the words ring in my ears and I attack, then afterwards I feel bad and ashamed of my behavior and all I want is for the ground to swallow me or sleep and never wake up because I am so ashamed of what I have done again, again I responded in the wrong way and I am left with the question "How do I past this test I fail so many times over and over again?"

This year I have been on a journey of ACCOUNTABILITY I have deliberately acquainted myself with ladies who are strong in their faith and walk with God and I have challenged myself that every time I fall I share my "junk" with them not because I like spilling my guts but because my aim in life is to become better at being a Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter and Friend. I am blessed with these women who don't judge me but are also very honest with me and they point me towards God, they remind me of what would Jesus do?

My accountability team is two women and I have prayed for them and God has answered my prayers, if you don't have them I want to encourage you to pray and ask God to show you who it is that He has willed to be your accountability team, often times the enemy keeps us in bondage telling us how people will reject us if they know the "true" us but those are all but lies!! Find your team and make a commitment to yourself that every time you fall you will reach out and let go of your junk and allow God to come and keep you in perfect peace. The enemy wants to isolate you, so how do you defeat him, get your accountability team around you and fight the enemy with the Word of God. Praise Him through it all and see how God turns it all around for your good!! (Romans 8:28)

Remember no sin is too great for God, NOTHING can separate you from His love (Romans 8:38-39). that song of Jesus Culture says it so beautifully "Nothing can separate, even if I run away , Your Love Never Change..."

The after math of an argument with my spouse and everyone effected in this and in my case my children,  I then ask for forgiveness (at this time you will feel as if you don't want to ask any forgiveness but we are called to do so and we have to do it , tear stained face and all) you humble yourself and ask for forgiveness from your kids and your spouse and then you ask God forgiveness and grace for yourself to forgive yourself and then you take on the next day remembering "His mercies are new every morning" and then you start again! YOU DO NOT GIVE UP!! You have come too far!! 

God has removed our sins of yesterday as far as its from the east to the west and north to the south. Pick yourself up lovely and move forward, God is on your side and YOU ARE A CHILD of God!! 

Remember TODAY is a NEW day to start again!! Let's do it!! 

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are so used to...

We are so used to allowing our current circumstances consume us, we lament we groan and moan and we are often so confused as to what the next step must be that we should take.  The groaning and moaning of How unfair this is, Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?  Etc and we find people to complain to but we do nothing about our situations. We then use our situations to fall in abuse of substances and we even turn to other things we never thought we were capable of…because we are so vulnerable and the enemy will use that vulnerability to his advantage. We worry about what this one is going to say. How is it going to look to others? I won’t be able to do this and that? My question to you is, can you afford not to walk away? These are the thoughts that keep us captive. In Hosea 4:6 God reminds us that my people perish through lack of knowledge. So surely when you know better you should do better, right? Look we are all at different spaces in our lives but when we a

It's OKAY not be OKAY...

TODAY is one of those days I don't allow myself to have many of... A day where I am extremely emotional and teary and life seems to have gotten the better of me just for today. I don't tend to dwell on my negatives I am known to be the optimistic one and always positive however today I am far from that. I allow myself to be in this space because in this moments of being emotional and allowing myself to cry because they say tears are healing waters. I am very much aware of my surroundings and giving myself this space to just process every disappointment and whatever else I am dealing with. A close friend and mentor of mine told me a few months ago that I should learn to unpack things as they happen and not bottle it all up and then I explode when things just get too much. As a mother, wife and whatever else I am to whoever it all just got too much. Have you ever gotten to a point where you question "Why?"   "Why do I even bother talking non stop with my k

No one is always busy...

Such truth in this picture. I saw this picture message on a page I follow on Facebook and it made me think and reflect and I shared it on my page but I didn't elaborate at the time because I was still filled with negative emotions. Then this morning a friend of mine shared it on her page and these are my thoughts about this and I am referring to friendships/relationships with family and just relationships in general. So please allow me to express myself.. What is most difficult to comprehend is that we allow people to have so much space in our lives and they give so little of their time to us...It hurts immensely when you know how committed you are to certain friendships/relationships and you get absolutely the bare minimum and that fact is what is making me walk away from many. Zainonesha had this to say about it " So true...then one has to settle with lame excuses as if our lives are depending on it. Be Honest I would say" Yes I understand that we are all in dif