Skip to main content

It's OKAY not be OKAY...

TODAY is one of those days I don't allow myself to have many of...

A day where I am extremely emotional and teary and life seems to have gotten the better of me just for today. I don't tend to dwell on my negatives I am known to be the optimistic one and always positive however today I am far from that.

I allow myself to be in this space because in this moments of being emotional and allowing myself to cry because they say tears are healing waters. I am very much aware of my surroundings and giving myself this space to just process every disappointment and whatever else I am dealing with.

A close friend and mentor of mine told me a few months ago that I should learn to unpack things as they happen and not bottle it all up and then I explode when things just get too much. As a mother, wife and whatever else I am to whoever it all just got too much.

Have you ever gotten to a point where you question "Why?"  "Why do I even bother talking non stop with my kids?", "Why do I even bother to sacrifice this and that?" like everything for a moment just doesn't make sense at all even though you know in your heart of hearts what your motivations are for what you and I do, what we do. It's in this very moment that I just want to hide myself under my blankets and forget everything and everyone.

Today I miss a dear Aunt of mine, Tannie Lisbeth, she was my second Mother and I could speak to her about everything and anything. She left a huge void in my heart however I know she is safely tucked in Jesus' arms. She was the first one to know when I became  a young lady and she explained it all to me. I miss her especially when my girls go through stuff that I know she helped me to understand. Today is one of those days that I wish she was here to help me with the stuff that I need help with where my girls is concerned because being a mother is a tough job... Yes i have my mom and she is the BEST in the world. It's just different with Aunts and this was my Aunt.

Today I am allowing myself to feel every emotion that crop up because it is healthy and human. When I do this I do not take my frustrations out on anyone I remain silent and I will open up and talk things through with a few people that I know I can trust and that are genuinely there for me (because let's be REAL, there are some "fake" people out there). Learn who your people are that you can trust and be open and real to. Do not throw your pearls to pigs (sounds harsh but it's true...)

I want you to know that it is OKAY to be down for a day and allow yourself to work through all your negative emotions just do us all a favor "DO NOT STAY THERE!". Take your time work through it all and after that, PICK YOURSELF UP AND KEEP GOING! 

Don't you dare , give up!! That is not an option!! (I am speaking to myself as well)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are so used to...

We are so used to allowing our current circumstances consume us, we lament we groan and moan and we are often so confused as to what the next step must be that we should take.  The groaning and moaning of How unfair this is, Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?  Etc and we find people to complain to but we do nothing about our situations. We then use our situations to fall in abuse of substances and we even turn to other things we never thought we were capable of…because we are so vulnerable and the enemy will use that vulnerability to his advantage. We worry about what this one is going to say. How is it going to look to others? I won’t be able to do this and that? My question to you is, can you afford not to walk away? These are the thoughts that keep us captive. In Hosea 4:6 God reminds us that my people perish through lack of knowledge. So surely when you know better you should do better, right? Look we are all at different spaces in our lives but when we a

No one is always busy...

Such truth in this picture. I saw this picture message on a page I follow on Facebook and it made me think and reflect and I shared it on my page but I didn't elaborate at the time because I was still filled with negative emotions. Then this morning a friend of mine shared it on her page and these are my thoughts about this and I am referring to friendships/relationships with family and just relationships in general. So please allow me to express myself.. What is most difficult to comprehend is that we allow people to have so much space in our lives and they give so little of their time to us...It hurts immensely when you know how committed you are to certain friendships/relationships and you get absolutely the bare minimum and that fact is what is making me walk away from many. Zainonesha had this to say about it " So true...then one has to settle with lame excuses as if our lives are depending on it. Be Honest I would say" Yes I understand that we are all in dif