Skip to main content

Put your words into action…


 My husband and I have been on this mission since coming back from our fantastic holiday, we have both decided that everyday we will have a “M.O” (Modus Operandi) for when we get home, each one has specific tasks to do and whatever we say we have to do, no matter how tired we are, the aim is to stay true to what we have said. Now some might think but that is quite silly or it’s mundane etc, BUT what we have experienced is that because we have started at home with this it filters through to our work lives as well, and every other area of our lives.

 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror  and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.” James 1:22-25

I must say that yes I have had numerous occasions where people have given their word to me and have not kept it, and I was devastated every time they didn’t keep their word, but I have grown so much and made a promise to myself that even though I have been disappointed and I am sure you have had that too and you can well relate, I have tried my utmost to “Do what I say” and I must say in the world we live today not many people have this characteristic being trustworthy, because when people get to know you and see that you are someone who “puts their word into action” they will start trusting you and you will build good relationships, start new friendships with this characteristic.

”Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live.” --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I could’ve gone the other way as well and become like the people who have disappointed me but somehow that just didn’t sit well with me and it would not have served me in anyway. I am different and I love it, so I challenge you do not conform to the pattern of the world that you are living in or that which you are accustomed to, strive to be better and bigger, and believe that you are born to STAND OUT!!
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2

Every year people decide to have a list of resolutions, quitting this and that, starting this eating plan but half way through it they don’t get to the end. Your actions must match your words, if they don’t then you are just someone who is filled with “hot air” no substance. It’s all about being congruent (your actions must correspond with your words), and when you are congruent you feel like someone with substance. When you say you are going to do something no matter how big or small, like Nike says “Just Do It!!”, make that decision and follow through, start with the small things for example:

  • If for example you have always told yourself that when you get home from work in the evening you would like to tidy up or take out the bin, JUST DO IT!! Today!!
  • If you have been holding onto a friendship that has been draining and you have been telling yourself you need to break free, then I encourage you to break free!!
  • If you have been putting off going to gym, make that decision today to do it because it’s for your own good, going to gym will increase your energy levels, it will keep you fit, it will be well worth the pain you will feel after your first session, BUT don’t let that stop you, go back and stay consistent
  • If you have decided to cut down on smoking, drinking, eating sweets/chocolates, make a deal with yourself and weigh the pro’s and cons of these and let the decision you make be of such that it will serve you for your well being and not your detriment, BUT Do It!!
As you do these things everyday and consistently don’t loose heart push yourself, you will see that you are able to do what you say and that is very EMPOWERING, because once you have gotten the small things right you will start doing the other big things that you have been putting off, and they will not seem so BIG.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are so used to...

We are so used to allowing our current circumstances consume us, we lament we groan and moan and we are often so confused as to what the next step must be that we should take.  The groaning and moaning of How unfair this is, Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?  Etc and we find people to complain to but we do nothing about our situations. We then use our situations to fall in abuse of substances and we even turn to other things we never thought we were capable of…because we are so vulnerable and the enemy will use that vulnerability to his advantage. We worry about what this one is going to say. How is it going to look to others? I won’t be able to do this and that? My question to you is, can you afford not to walk away? These are the thoughts that keep us captive. In Hosea 4:6 God reminds us that my people perish through lack of knowledge. So surely when you know better you should do better, right? Look we are all at different spaces in our lives but when we a

It's OKAY not be OKAY...

TODAY is one of those days I don't allow myself to have many of... A day where I am extremely emotional and teary and life seems to have gotten the better of me just for today. I don't tend to dwell on my negatives I am known to be the optimistic one and always positive however today I am far from that. I allow myself to be in this space because in this moments of being emotional and allowing myself to cry because they say tears are healing waters. I am very much aware of my surroundings and giving myself this space to just process every disappointment and whatever else I am dealing with. A close friend and mentor of mine told me a few months ago that I should learn to unpack things as they happen and not bottle it all up and then I explode when things just get too much. As a mother, wife and whatever else I am to whoever it all just got too much. Have you ever gotten to a point where you question "Why?"   "Why do I even bother talking non stop with my k

No one is always busy...

Such truth in this picture. I saw this picture message on a page I follow on Facebook and it made me think and reflect and I shared it on my page but I didn't elaborate at the time because I was still filled with negative emotions. Then this morning a friend of mine shared it on her page and these are my thoughts about this and I am referring to friendships/relationships with family and just relationships in general. So please allow me to express myself.. What is most difficult to comprehend is that we allow people to have so much space in our lives and they give so little of their time to us...It hurts immensely when you know how committed you are to certain friendships/relationships and you get absolutely the bare minimum and that fact is what is making me walk away from many. Zainonesha had this to say about it " So true...then one has to settle with lame excuses as if our lives are depending on it. Be Honest I would say" Yes I understand that we are all in dif