Skip to main content

She is off to Primary School...

Today I am so in awe of God. I looked at our daughter Sai and the question that was looming in my mind was "Lord, where has the time gone?". Things has changed so much for us in the last few months and I constantly feel that I am in transition mode and it is a never ending story. 

Last month it was school applications and today she has an interview for her new school next year. While I was brushing her hair this morning I was filled with a sense of gratitude because she is such a fighter. She faced battles from the day she was born and she thrived through it all.

All my kids have a special place in my heart however Sai is the one whom I had the most amazing time with to bond. She was born premature and I spent two months doing Kangaroo Mother Care. This was a time where I had many feelings of inadequacy cropping up for me. I felt that I wasn't doing enough in terms of expressing. For those who didn't know when a baby is premature you must breastfeed on demand and dealing with post birth my body was exhausted and I wasn't resting as much as I should and so I wasn't able to express a lot however God intervened and we were able to be together far quicker than normal as I was also admitted to hospital to do the KMC because there is a special ward in hospital for that specific function. Mothers are able to sleep in and stay a while until their babies are good weight to be discharged and that was the case with us.

When I face challenges I hardly ever speak about it because in my challenge I am focused on getting through it with God and I don't focus on the difficulty because it can take away the moment and precious lessons that God wants me to learn so I am quiet and I give ear to what God is saying. In the midst of my KMC journey with Sai I learned to take good care of myself so that I can be of benefit to her. I prayed so much in that time, more than ever before and God came through miraculously. 

Its five years since our KMC Journey and I am so so grateful because today Sai is off for her first primary school interview. One she is very excited about and I am even more excited about it. While she can hold her own and be bold about what she likes and dislikes she has learned this year that it is very important to listen to Teacher. She has a good fear and respect for her current teacher and she dislikes getting into trouble. 

I am amazed at her sense of learning and I am so excited for her future. Though she is off to Primary school next year I am a bit nervous for her has she has to make new friends however knowing our Sai she will be resilient as ever. 

I share this story with you because God is faithful and He will carry you when you cannot carry yourself just as He carried me through months of KMC and everyday day hospital weigh ins, it was not easy however He kept me and He gave me the strength to get up everyday until she was a good weight.

This has been a difficult post because its the first time I actually shared this little bit about my journey.

I hope this encouraged you! Here is a picture of Sai when she was but 4 days old and another one of how she looks now the second picture was taken when she was 4 years old.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are so used to...

We are so used to allowing our current circumstances consume us, we lament we groan and moan and we are often so confused as to what the next step must be that we should take.  The groaning and moaning of How unfair this is, Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?  Etc and we find people to complain to but we do nothing about our situations. We then use our situations to fall in abuse of substances and we even turn to other things we never thought we were capable of…because we are so vulnerable and the enemy will use that vulnerability to his advantage. We worry about what this one is going to say. How is it going to look to others? I won’t be able to do this and that? My question to you is, can you afford not to walk away? These are the thoughts that keep us captive. In Hosea 4:6 God reminds us that my people perish through lack of knowledge. So surely when you know better you should do better, right? Look we are all at different spaces in our lives but when we a

It's OKAY not be OKAY...

TODAY is one of those days I don't allow myself to have many of... A day where I am extremely emotional and teary and life seems to have gotten the better of me just for today. I don't tend to dwell on my negatives I am known to be the optimistic one and always positive however today I am far from that. I allow myself to be in this space because in this moments of being emotional and allowing myself to cry because they say tears are healing waters. I am very much aware of my surroundings and giving myself this space to just process every disappointment and whatever else I am dealing with. A close friend and mentor of mine told me a few months ago that I should learn to unpack things as they happen and not bottle it all up and then I explode when things just get too much. As a mother, wife and whatever else I am to whoever it all just got too much. Have you ever gotten to a point where you question "Why?"   "Why do I even bother talking non stop with my k

No one is always busy...

Such truth in this picture. I saw this picture message on a page I follow on Facebook and it made me think and reflect and I shared it on my page but I didn't elaborate at the time because I was still filled with negative emotions. Then this morning a friend of mine shared it on her page and these are my thoughts about this and I am referring to friendships/relationships with family and just relationships in general. So please allow me to express myself.. What is most difficult to comprehend is that we allow people to have so much space in our lives and they give so little of their time to us...It hurts immensely when you know how committed you are to certain friendships/relationships and you get absolutely the bare minimum and that fact is what is making me walk away from many. Zainonesha had this to say about it " So true...then one has to settle with lame excuses as if our lives are depending on it. Be Honest I would say" Yes I understand that we are all in dif