Skip to main content

When we link arms with one another many things can be ACCOMPLISHED..

About a month and a bit ago I was asked by a friend Gerald if I knitted scarves as well and initially I thought he was inquiring about himself and I then tagged him in a few Neckwarmer pics that I have made before however he was not inquiring for himself he was however inquiring about 50 scarves for homeless people. Initially I was a bit apprehensive and I told him I will pray about it and get back to him.

However prior to him asking me about this project I had already been seeking God about something I wanted t o do and Gerald’s ministry would benefit from it however I only shared this with Gerald once we had agreed to me making the 50 scarves. After I said yes I was like Lord “HOW?” How am I going to make these scarves and on top of it I need to study to prepare for exams. That is when I asked Gerald what is my time frame and he said “Mid June” and I was like “OK”.  I did tell him that I am in the midst of my exams.

Soon after that my Mom said she will donate 10 scarves worth of wool, I donated 10 of my own and then the rest well God provided funds for the wool and also He provided hands to knit.  We even had another lady donate a pack of wool of 5 balls. My sister in-law heard that I was busy with this project and she offered to knit as well, later on she recruited her other sister Trudy and a close family friend Pam who loves knitting. My Mom also decided to help knit and she picked up her needles after years of not knitting.

So in the midst of exams and five ladies by my side knitting away we finished the order of 50 scarves and we were so proud of ourselves. I learned that two is better than one and when we link arms with one another many things can be accomplished...

God does not do anything without providing for it first. If He asks you to do something you best believe that HE will provide!!
Every time I picked up needles and wool to knit the scarves the word DIGNITY would flash in my mind. I personally believe that God wants to restore DIGNITY to His people. While we were the people knitting the scarves I know that God used us in this project to be His hands to successfully complete over 50 scarves. We often take for granted the warm clothes we have, our resources to have us protected in Winter. We take for granted to gift of having a house/a roof over our heads many do not have this.

I have been immensely humbled by this experience of knitting for a Cause and I believe it is a start of many to come. We will be knitting more for many Causes in the future. For God’s glory.
Saturday we went to deliver the scarves and hand them out just seeing the smiles on the people’s faces was so heart-warming having a single item to keep warm meant so very much to them and that I give God praise that I heard His voice and I obeyed no matter the cost.

It was great to be a part of a cause that makes a difference in people’s lives and you can see the impact that Hope Street is making in these people’s lives. I look forward to many occasions where we will be lending a hand as a family to help where we can. You can also be of help to this Cause. I believe that if we put our hands in God’s hands miracles will happen.

What is in your hand that you can use to be of HELP to restore DIGNITY to people?

Get in touch with Gerald Petersen on his Facebook page or enquire via email hope.street.organisation@gmail.com  or you can enquire on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HopeStreetCT/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are so used to...

We are so used to allowing our current circumstances consume us, we lament we groan and moan and we are often so confused as to what the next step must be that we should take.  The groaning and moaning of How unfair this is, Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?  Etc and we find people to complain to but we do nothing about our situations. We then use our situations to fall in abuse of substances and we even turn to other things we never thought we were capable of…because we are so vulnerable and the enemy will use that vulnerability to his advantage. We worry about what this one is going to say. How is it going to look to others? I won’t be able to do this and that? My question to you is, can you afford not to walk away? These are the thoughts that keep us captive. In Hosea 4:6 God reminds us that my people perish through lack of knowledge. So surely when you know better you should do better, right? Look we are all at different spaces in our lives but when we a

It's OKAY not be OKAY...

TODAY is one of those days I don't allow myself to have many of... A day where I am extremely emotional and teary and life seems to have gotten the better of me just for today. I don't tend to dwell on my negatives I am known to be the optimistic one and always positive however today I am far from that. I allow myself to be in this space because in this moments of being emotional and allowing myself to cry because they say tears are healing waters. I am very much aware of my surroundings and giving myself this space to just process every disappointment and whatever else I am dealing with. A close friend and mentor of mine told me a few months ago that I should learn to unpack things as they happen and not bottle it all up and then I explode when things just get too much. As a mother, wife and whatever else I am to whoever it all just got too much. Have you ever gotten to a point where you question "Why?"   "Why do I even bother talking non stop with my k

No one is always busy...

Such truth in this picture. I saw this picture message on a page I follow on Facebook and it made me think and reflect and I shared it on my page but I didn't elaborate at the time because I was still filled with negative emotions. Then this morning a friend of mine shared it on her page and these are my thoughts about this and I am referring to friendships/relationships with family and just relationships in general. So please allow me to express myself.. What is most difficult to comprehend is that we allow people to have so much space in our lives and they give so little of their time to us...It hurts immensely when you know how committed you are to certain friendships/relationships and you get absolutely the bare minimum and that fact is what is making me walk away from many. Zainonesha had this to say about it " So true...then one has to settle with lame excuses as if our lives are depending on it. Be Honest I would say" Yes I understand that we are all in dif