Skip to main content

Why do I even bother...BECAUSE they are worth it!



It’s mid June and I am still busy!!

From preparing for exams before May, to adjusting again because exams were postponed by two more weeks and so I could get some orders done. In the midst of it all I tried hard to NOT take knitting orders however I failed dismally always pushing to get the next order out and keeping my customers happy.

However as much as I love studying and knitting it can get to me immensely and then I just leave everything. I have my tantrum for a day and the next day I am ready to get a move on because life doesn’t stand still it’s constantly moving from one thing to another and orders still needs to be delivered!

Yesterday I felt so despondent because I have been challenged by two of my daughters and their behavior towards me of late and I just felt like breaking down and crying because the more I ask them to do things that they know they are to do , the more they are just non-responsive to me and I lost it. Yes I lost it! My commonness came out and by that I mean the total opposite to what I am normally. Words just come out in Afrikaans and I let loose and when this happens then my girls know “Mommy is very upset- so let’s just OBEY” BUT like that gets so tiresome. 

Why should I act totally out of character when my kids are disobedient, why must I shout before they listen. It’s not like  don’t listen when they speak to me, asking me for this and that and then I do irrespective of how. I make sure they get what they ask for.

Why is it so difficult for them to do the same for me? Or do they just enjoy their mommy being angry and a bit loud...I went further and asked myself “Zenneline, why do you push yourself so hard?”, “Why do you even bother sacrificing your time, sleep and juggling so many things?” Why do you? Your kids don’t deserve what you are trying to do? (That is what I feel when they don’t listen to me, when I must sound like a nagpot) but you know they know it’s because I want them to do better when I shout and nag etc. Because being quiet is not in me when I need to get something done.

So why do I bother? It’s simple my family is worth it!! They are worth me sacrificing sleep to make sure they have what they need. They are worth every energy I put into finishing off orders they are worth every moment I don’t get to sleep and have to push through to complete tasks. They are worth me coming home from work dog-tired yet still carving out time to do Homework, make sure they have clean clothes etc. They are worth every single nagging way of me.


They are worth it because I love them and that is why I will nag and I will shout and I will remind them that even in the midst of my frustration I still love them and they are immensely important to me and that is WHY EVEN I BOTHER!!

So if I can encourage you with this it is that even in the midst of all you are doin to meet deadlines and juggling whatever it is you have to take time to regroup. Even if it means to go sleep early and have a good's night rest. Talk with someone air your frustrations and then you move on, VENTING is good just make sure you are venting to the right people. Someone who will just listen and hear your heart. Once you have done that you PICK yourself up and you SLAY away!! 

Have a fantastic weekend!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are so used to...

We are so used to allowing our current circumstances consume us, we lament we groan and moan and we are often so confused as to what the next step must be that we should take.  The groaning and moaning of How unfair this is, Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?  Etc and we find people to complain to but we do nothing about our situations. We then use our situations to fall in abuse of substances and we even turn to other things we never thought we were capable of…because we are so vulnerable and the enemy will use that vulnerability to his advantage. We worry about what this one is going to say. How is it going to look to others? I won’t be able to do this and that? My question to you is, can you afford not to walk away? These are the thoughts that keep us captive. In Hosea 4:6 God reminds us that my people perish through lack of knowledge. So surely when you know better you should do better, right? Look we are all at different spaces in our lives but when we a

It's OKAY not be OKAY...

TODAY is one of those days I don't allow myself to have many of... A day where I am extremely emotional and teary and life seems to have gotten the better of me just for today. I don't tend to dwell on my negatives I am known to be the optimistic one and always positive however today I am far from that. I allow myself to be in this space because in this moments of being emotional and allowing myself to cry because they say tears are healing waters. I am very much aware of my surroundings and giving myself this space to just process every disappointment and whatever else I am dealing with. A close friend and mentor of mine told me a few months ago that I should learn to unpack things as they happen and not bottle it all up and then I explode when things just get too much. As a mother, wife and whatever else I am to whoever it all just got too much. Have you ever gotten to a point where you question "Why?"   "Why do I even bother talking non stop with my k

No one is always busy...

Such truth in this picture. I saw this picture message on a page I follow on Facebook and it made me think and reflect and I shared it on my page but I didn't elaborate at the time because I was still filled with negative emotions. Then this morning a friend of mine shared it on her page and these are my thoughts about this and I am referring to friendships/relationships with family and just relationships in general. So please allow me to express myself.. What is most difficult to comprehend is that we allow people to have so much space in our lives and they give so little of their time to us...It hurts immensely when you know how committed you are to certain friendships/relationships and you get absolutely the bare minimum and that fact is what is making me walk away from many. Zainonesha had this to say about it " So true...then one has to settle with lame excuses as if our lives are depending on it. Be Honest I would say" Yes I understand that we are all in dif