Skip to main content

Friend to keep or to let go, that is the question...

I wrote this on the16-03-2010 it is basically a continuation of the previous blog just thought I would share this too, enjoy!!

Today I am so feeling the Holy Spirit and I am doing so much reflection on my life and my walk with God, at times I do feel as if I am lukewarm because the little I do is little in my eyes but it does at times make a huge impact unbeknown to me. Have you ever felt that you are the one doing all the things where friendships are concern? I do and I still feel like it daily but at times it does drain me and then I need to do some spring cleaning in my friendship cupboard it’s hard hey! Sometimes I get to a point where I feel that I am more reliant on my friendships than my friends because it feels like they are my sound board and I just bounce stuff off them, funny, but true. Ever had a conversation with someone and you ask a question and then you end up answering the question isn’t it weird? 

That happens to me all the time; I guess we just want people or our friends to listen to what we have to say. Even if it means we answer ourselves, at times it isn’t us or me that answer myself it’s the Holy Spirit and we just need others to help us bring it out, don’t know if it makes sense but just think about it this way, when you get something that is bothering you or you have this strong feeling that you need to do something but u are  not sure so now you talk with someone about it and all of a sudden the light bulb goes off in your head and you get the confirmation you need and then you feel better and you go with that strong feeling, to me that is the Holy Spirit. I have been reflecting on my friendships and God has been saying to me “Stop saying yes to people, stop allowing people to take advantage of you” its hard and sometimes I hear the warning but I wait for confirmation and God uses people to bring a message across to you, believe me, so when I got this command from God I have had to go to my friendship cupboard and really look into it and pick the friends that I felt was draining me, you know when you are the one who does all the calling, all the reaching out basically all the everything. 

So God challenged me and said, tell them how they make you feel, tell them and I was like “But Lord I don’t want to hurt their feelings” and God is like “But they have taken advantage of you and I require of you to speak the truth in love” I was like how? How do you speak the truth in love without the other party taking offense? Well it was pretty easy, you PRAY before you speak and you rely on the Holy Spirit to speak instead of you that is how simple it is. Was it easy no but did I do it YES and was that person changed I don’t know but I felt better about myself and I felt a little more comfortable in my own skin, and I believe that is why God spoke to me for my confidence to become stronger in Him.

“For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are so used to...

We are so used to allowing our current circumstances consume us, we lament we groan and moan and we are often so confused as to what the next step must be that we should take.  The groaning and moaning of How unfair this is, Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?  Etc and we find people to complain to but we do nothing about our situations. We then use our situations to fall in abuse of substances and we even turn to other things we never thought we were capable of…because we are so vulnerable and the enemy will use that vulnerability to his advantage. We worry about what this one is going to say. How is it going to look to others? I won’t be able to do this and that? My question to you is, can you afford not to walk away? These are the thoughts that keep us captive. In Hosea 4:6 God reminds us that my people perish through lack of knowledge. So surely when you know better you should do better, right? Look we are all at different spaces in our lives but when we a

It's OKAY not be OKAY...

TODAY is one of those days I don't allow myself to have many of... A day where I am extremely emotional and teary and life seems to have gotten the better of me just for today. I don't tend to dwell on my negatives I am known to be the optimistic one and always positive however today I am far from that. I allow myself to be in this space because in this moments of being emotional and allowing myself to cry because they say tears are healing waters. I am very much aware of my surroundings and giving myself this space to just process every disappointment and whatever else I am dealing with. A close friend and mentor of mine told me a few months ago that I should learn to unpack things as they happen and not bottle it all up and then I explode when things just get too much. As a mother, wife and whatever else I am to whoever it all just got too much. Have you ever gotten to a point where you question "Why?"   "Why do I even bother talking non stop with my k

No one is always busy...

Such truth in this picture. I saw this picture message on a page I follow on Facebook and it made me think and reflect and I shared it on my page but I didn't elaborate at the time because I was still filled with negative emotions. Then this morning a friend of mine shared it on her page and these are my thoughts about this and I am referring to friendships/relationships with family and just relationships in general. So please allow me to express myself.. What is most difficult to comprehend is that we allow people to have so much space in our lives and they give so little of their time to us...It hurts immensely when you know how committed you are to certain friendships/relationships and you get absolutely the bare minimum and that fact is what is making me walk away from many. Zainonesha had this to say about it " So true...then one has to settle with lame excuses as if our lives are depending on it. Be Honest I would say" Yes I understand that we are all in dif