Skip to main content

rEfLeCtIoNs...

I have been doing quite a lot of reflection in my life and also closing doors that were not good for me and it is at times easier to fall back in habit than to follow through and do what is right, but then I am reminded of the scripture “Obedience is better than sacrifice”, I don’t know if you have ever heard about Francis Chan a pastor of Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley, South California, I have been listening and watching a lot of his video pod casts and  audio’s and I have been taken of a journey of self discovery, this man is such an awesome man of God and he speaks the truth of God as it stands in the Bible and it is so real. One of his quotes that has had me thinking was this:

"I believe He wants us to love others so much that we go to extremes to help them." Francis Chan

When I was reading this I was thinking of the scripture that says “Love your neighbor as yourself” and I realized that to love my neighbor as myself I would have had to gone through a process where God had actually worked with me in that area, I would have had to experience so much love from Him, that I wouldn’t have an issue to love unconditionally what I am getting at is, for me to love and to go to the extremes for someone else God must have had to deliver me from some issue I was facing and He having to carry me through that and working in and through my life I have such confidence in Him that loving my neighbor wouldn’t be a major obstacle it would comes naturally, and to love someone you would need to spend time with someone, you need to build into that person’s life of vice versa, but spending time with that person would be most important because you find fulfillment in that relationship and therefore you would want to nurture that relationship right? 

How do you feel when you are pursued by your husband / boyfriend/ friend it is an awesome feeling to know that someone wants to spend time with you, to get to know you and make you feel special and for me loving someone so much that I would go to extremes means that I need to love the source of all love so very much that I would do anything to please Him, and the source is God and God is love! So how do one get this love you simply start spending time with God, get to know Him, pursue Him and He will make Himself known to you and when you have been won over by His love you will want to do nothing else but please Him. In my journey with God I have made friends with complete strangers and I have sowed into their lives with the Love I have received by Him, whether it be maybe just by listening, or giving of my time to encourage and give of my money, just maybe smile and really listen to someone, when I say that I mean looking at the person making eye contact and when you talk on the phone to listen so intently that you hear the cry of their hearts and being able to share the simple words of “you are not alone, God is with you” “don’t give up, God will not give you more than you can handle, just stay at His feet” simple stuff like this changes lives, but many give the excuse of ‘I don’t have time’ quite frankly you will never have enough time unless you make time.

Speaking a word of encourage to someone will take less that 10 min, you can time yourself, I am just kidding. When you get to know God in all His infinite wisdom you will make time to be a blessing you will cease the moment, you will try and find every opportunity to be a blessing and to put a smile on someone’s face. And it all stems from the scripture:

 “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these will be added unto you” Matthew 6:33

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are so used to...

We are so used to allowing our current circumstances consume us, we lament we groan and moan and we are often so confused as to what the next step must be that we should take.  The groaning and moaning of How unfair this is, Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?  Etc and we find people to complain to but we do nothing about our situations. We then use our situations to fall in abuse of substances and we even turn to other things we never thought we were capable of…because we are so vulnerable and the enemy will use that vulnerability to his advantage. We worry about what this one is going to say. How is it going to look to others? I won’t be able to do this and that? My question to you is, can you afford not to walk away? These are the thoughts that keep us captive. In Hosea 4:6 God reminds us that my people perish through lack of knowledge. So surely when you know better you should do better, right? Look we are all at different spaces in our lives but when we a

It's OKAY not be OKAY...

TODAY is one of those days I don't allow myself to have many of... A day where I am extremely emotional and teary and life seems to have gotten the better of me just for today. I don't tend to dwell on my negatives I am known to be the optimistic one and always positive however today I am far from that. I allow myself to be in this space because in this moments of being emotional and allowing myself to cry because they say tears are healing waters. I am very much aware of my surroundings and giving myself this space to just process every disappointment and whatever else I am dealing with. A close friend and mentor of mine told me a few months ago that I should learn to unpack things as they happen and not bottle it all up and then I explode when things just get too much. As a mother, wife and whatever else I am to whoever it all just got too much. Have you ever gotten to a point where you question "Why?"   "Why do I even bother talking non stop with my k

No one is always busy...

Such truth in this picture. I saw this picture message on a page I follow on Facebook and it made me think and reflect and I shared it on my page but I didn't elaborate at the time because I was still filled with negative emotions. Then this morning a friend of mine shared it on her page and these are my thoughts about this and I am referring to friendships/relationships with family and just relationships in general. So please allow me to express myself.. What is most difficult to comprehend is that we allow people to have so much space in our lives and they give so little of their time to us...It hurts immensely when you know how committed you are to certain friendships/relationships and you get absolutely the bare minimum and that fact is what is making me walk away from many. Zainonesha had this to say about it " So true...then one has to settle with lame excuses as if our lives are depending on it. Be Honest I would say" Yes I understand that we are all in dif